Congratulations to Rod, this week's VizD winner.
Thank you to everyone who participated!
Rod is the winner of $5
1. A 32-year-old woman is in a motor vehicle collision and hits her mouth on the dashboard
2. A 25-year-old presents to your ED after being hit in the mouth with a crowbar
3. A 40-year-old man presents to your ED after being hit in the mouth with a beer mug
1. Tooth impaction (Intrusive luxation) - the tooth is forced into the alveolar socket or surrounding tissues secondary to trauma
2. Tooth avulsion - the tooth is completely displaced from the socket
3. Tooth fracture - A portion of the tooth is fractured off
The Next VizD Will be Posted on December 24
VizD is a weekly contest of an interesting or pathognomonic image from emergency medicine. Its goal is to integrate learning into a fun and relaxed environment. All images are original and are posted with the consent of the patient. For more information please refer to the following link.